A fun and educational collection of 7 pieces created by Steve Robson, with optional narration, providing a time-travelling journey through the history of 2000 years of music to the present time.
Originally written for Stanhope Youth Band, the piece has now been well received by other youth bands far and wide. The complete work offers great flexibility too, as te movements can be used as stand-alone items or as a full concert performance, offering players and audiences an insight to the evolving styles of Music Through The Ages.
- The Passing of the VIth Legion A Patrol – Imagining the sound of the Roman Legion at Vindolanda (AD84)
- The Journey of St Cuthbert – A Plainchant (995)
- The Honorable Robert Shafto MP – Late Baroque Style (1749)
- The Very Capable Mr Mozart Classical Style – Rondo (1786)
- Sans Pareil March – Tribute to Timothy Hackworth and George Allan (1913)
- The Angel of the North – Contemporary composition (Present day)
Watch a full performance below of the pieces, including narration. This was a collaborative performance project, presented by members of different youth bands from across the North East on Saturday 13 November 2018 in the Theatre at Ushaw College, Durham.
(NB: The piece Galliard, performed at 12mins 22secs into the video, was specially written for the concert and is not included in this collection.)
Look and Listen (with thanks to all participating youth bands and supporting players):
Set includes score (with narration), separately bound narration (enable a choice of either compere/conductor presentation) and parts including:
- Cornet 1
- Cornet 2
- Corent 3
- Eb Tenor Horn 1
- Eb Tenor Horn 2
- Baritone 1
- Baritone 2
- Trombone 1
- Trombone 2
- Bass Trombone
- Eb Bass
- Bb Bass
Additional world parts also provided include F Horn 1, F Horn 2, Trombone 1 in Bass Clef, Trombone 2 in Bass Clef.