A fun and educational collection of 7 pieces created by Steve Robson, with optional narration, providing a time-travelling journey through the history of music to the present time.
The movements can be used as stand-alone items or as a complete performance offering players and audiences alike an insight to the evolving styles of music through the ages:
2. The Passing of the VIth Legion A Patrol – Imagining the sound of the Roman Legion at Vindolanda (AD84)
3. The Journey of St Cuthbert – A Plainchant (995)
4. The Honorable Robert Shafto MP – Late Baroque Style (1749)
5. The Very Capable Mr Mozart Classical Style – Rondo (1786)
6. Sans Pareil March – Tribute to Timothy Hackworth and George Allan (1913)
7. The Angel of the North – Contemporary composition (Present day)
Provided with separately bound narration and narration incorporated into the score to enable a choice of compere/conductor presentation. Additional parts include 1st F Horn, 2nd F Horn, 1st Trombone in Bass Clef, 2nd Trombone in Bass Clef.
A great performance extravaganza for junior/youth bands with the flexibility to be tailored to any concert programme.