A study book written for new tuba players offering 25 progressively difficult studies ranging from music for a beginner up to Grade 5 standard, successfully supporting, challenging and developing the technical and musical journey of the player.
The collection’s composer, Andrew Duncan, comments: The 25 studies in this book are written to develop both the technical and the musical skills of a new tuba player. As the book progresses important elements of musical notation and musical theory are introduced and explained then included in the studies that follow. I’ve used animals as a theme for the studies, taking inspiration from their many different characteristics and traits.
Certain titles have been selected for the new Trinity College London 2019-2022 Tuba/Eb Bass/Bb Bass Syllabus.
Study Titles include:
- Lazy Old Tom Cat
- Caterpillar Parade
- The Stubborn Mule
- A Piglet Dances
- The Wandering Tortoise (Grade 1*)
- Jellyfish Floating in the Sea
- The Playful Hedgehog
- Scampering Squirells
- March of the Penguins
- A Spider Spins Her Web
- A Graceful Swan Glides Over the Lake
- Toad Hopscotch
- The Antsy Ant
- A Happy Hippo Wallows in the Mud
- Thee Cavorting Crab
- An Owl Patrols the Night Sky
- A Sloth Moves Over the Branches
- A Blue Whale Swims Below (Grade 2*)
- The Playful Kitten
- Lullaby for a Baby Elephant
- Lion Cubs Go Out Exploring
- Bullfrog Dance (Grade 3*)
- A Bear Hunts in the Forest
- Kangaroo Playtime (Grade 4*)
- The Preposterous Rhinoceros (Grade 5*)
The book is available in both Bass Clef and Treble Clef versions.